[Lexicog] Re: Collaborative online dictionary

Ivaylo Ivanov ivaylo at VIP.BG
Fri Nov 2 14:51:37 UTC 2007

Hi Gerard,

I set up account with OmegaWiki but I still cannot understand how it
works. I'll try to read more info on it. In fact, I wonder wheter
wikis are suitable platforms for handling dictionary databases.

Right now, I'm exploring the features of this product: Glossword
http://sourceforge.net/projects/glossword/ and
http://code.google.com/p/glossword/

It seems to me more fitting for developing a dictionary and the
works is more straightforward.

Any other ideas of similar products?

--- In lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com, GerardM
<gerard.meijssen at ...> wrote:

> Hoi,
> The Wiktionary format does provide with a fixed text based format
that does
> not allow for the requirements as stated. OmegaWiki was created as
> reaction to Wiktionary. It is still being developed and is
technically able
> to do the things that you want. We are at the moment working on
the export
> and import of an API, TBX is a format that we are actively
considering.

> As OmegaWiki stores its data in a relational database, we can show
the same
> information in multiple languages. Create yourself a user and
change your
> language to Georgian for instance or Breton, Dutch, Frech,
Portuguese ...

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com