[Lexicog] Re:electronic dictionaries

Scott Scat at CFL.RR.COM
Mon Apr 7 03:06:21 UTC 2008

I shall always be in need of electronic dictionaries because I have neither
the

funds to buy or the room to store the scores of dictionaries that I use
constantly

even if I only use a particular dictionary once a month, I still need it.
Not even

the UC library system has all the dictionaries that I need and use, and I do
not

have to go to a library to use them.  I am unlikely to buy any electronic
device

that could hold them in memory.  When I need them, I am always on my PC;

therefore, that is where I want most of my dictionaries.  I have hardbacks
of a

number of one- and two-volume dictionaries mono- and bilingual, including
the

Compact Edition of the OED as well as common Romance dictionaries, but

I rely on the electronic edit=ions for everything else.

Scott Catledge

Professor Emeritus

History & Languages