[Lexicog] Ninilchik Russian online dictionary

Hayim Sheynin hayim.sheynin at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 28 18:44:55 UTC 2008

Dear Wayne,

The main characteristic is ^ sound (similar to Russian unstressed vowel |a|) in
those places, where in the official spelling is letter o. In central
Russia (in Volga
river bassein) it is pronounced as clear o.
Also, a lot of words are formed by derivation from known Russian roots but with
different affixes (both prefixes and suffixes). Some of those you can
figure youself by
comparison  between a lemma and a Russian gloss (cp. agarot and ogorod).
Most of the forms occur in some Russian periferal dialects (Northern,
Siberian, etc.)
If you study books on Russian dialectology, you'll learn, from where
each pattern
is coming. I will not be surprized, if most of deviation from literary
Russian comes
from Siberia (Sibir'). The problem is that most of these books are in Russian.

So far I looked only first two letters in the dictionary. If I notice
something more
substantial, I'll let you know.

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com