[Lexicog] New member

Jeannette Allsopp janall at CARIBSURF.COM
Sun Jul 6 01:11:08 UTC 2008

Hello Antonio Leoni

I am excited to see that you are about to join the lexicographical research
team at the University of Costa Rica and will be part of the programme
Estudios de Lexicografía Hispano-Coatarricense.  I am very familiar with the
work going on there and have visited the university both to do research and
to present a paper at a conference on Caribbean Multilingual Lexicography.
I am the author of the Caribbean Multilingual Dictionary of Flora, Fauna and
Foods in English, French, French Creole and Spanish, Arawak Publications
Jamaica, 2003 and I was able to link up with the head of the Lexicography
centre there, Professor Víctor Sánchez who was able to provide vital
research assistance with Costa Rican Spanish equivalents to my Caribbean
English items.  I am currently working on Volume II of the Caribbean
Multilingual Dictionary which will deal with the topics festivals, folklore,
music, dance and religion.  I would be happy to liaise with you and to hear
again from Professor Sánchez.

I am in process of setting up a Centre for Caribbean Lexicography at the
University of the West Indies Cave Hill Campus in Barbados, and have
instituted final year undergraduate courses in Caribbean Lexicography and am
currently in process of introducing a MA in Linguistics with Specialization
in Caribbean Lexicography to start in the 2008-2009 academic year.

Please contact me if you are interested and let me know what topic you did
your dissertation on.   I look forward to hearing from you.

Very sincerely.

Jeannette Allsopp PhD

Senior Research Fellow in Lexicography

Centre for Caribbean Lexicography

University of the West Indies Cave Hill Campus

Barbados.

Tel: (246) 417-4468/69

Fax: (246) 417-0422

E-mail: jallsopp at uwichill.edu.bb; mullex at uwichill.edu.bb