[Lexicog] Toolbox 1.5.3

Tsuguya Sasaki ts at TS-CYBERIA.NET
Thu Mar 6 18:58:19 UTC 2008

Wayne Leman wrote:

> Toolbox version 1.5.3, a minor upgrade, was released as a free
> download last month:
> http://www.sil.org/computing/toolbox/downloads.htm

Toolbox is not supported by SIL any more; it has been in a kind of
maintenance mode. It was superseded by Shoebox, which in turn was
superseded by FieldWorks Language Explorer (FLEx):
http://www.sil.org/computing/fieldworks/flex/

FLEx is far more sophisticated and recommendable, though it is
inevitably more complicated than Toolbox (and Shoebox). I have a short
online guide about FLEx prepared for a certain workshop I organized
last summer:
http://www.ts-cyberia.net/flex.html

--
Tsuguya Sasaki / Tsvi Sadan
Department of Hebrew and Semitic Languages
ts at ts-cyberia.net
http://www.ts-cyberia.net/

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com