[Lexicog] Lexicography Software

Dimitris midiostri at YAHOO.CO.UK
Fri Mar 14 06:59:01 UTC 2008

Dear friends,

I have started experimenting with Toolbox and even though the first
impression was that of a well organized and rather simple to use
lexicographer, when I started entering records I stumbled upon a
rather serious problem.

Toolbox doesn't sort properly the greek lexemes I enter. It considers
for example á, Ü and Á (alpha, alpha acute and alpha capital) all to
be different letters which is not the case at all. And so, it places
first lexemes starting with an Ü, then those starting with a plain á,
and thereafter those starting with a capital Á. You understand that
this is major problem and I cannot proceed using Toolbox unless I find
a solution to this.

It seems like a bug but it could be just me misusing the application.
Am I missing something here?

Furthermore, Toolbox doesn't seem able to handle paths and filenames
consisting of greek letters which is rather inconvenient but not a
real obstacle.

Thanks again,
Dimitris

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com