[Lexicog] Lexicography Software

Dimitris midiostri at YAHOO.CO.UK
Fri Mar 14 11:11:11 UTC 2008

Hi again :^)
I have downloaded the MDF guide found at the SIL website and I'm
consulting it as for the field markers. The examples included are very
helpful indeed.

I¢m testing Lexique Pro right now and even though originally it sorted
greek lexemes incorrectly, exactly like Toolbox, it offers the
possibility to edit the sort order list and thus have it your way. I
made the necessary addition indeed, the lexemes are now sorted
properly (making, for example, no distinction between Õ ¾ Û ý û and à,
anymore).

On the other hand, I have encountered here something that looks like a
bug, too. When trying to enter a field in greek, after typing each
letter, the Windows language indicator is switched back to EN
(english) making it impossible to type anything in greek. For the time
being I'm copying/pasting from a text document but I pray there is a
way to correct this.

I have the feeling that these applications are not properly tested
with non-english character sets which seems somehow strange since it
is software meant to help with the compilation of lexica.

greetings :^)
Dimitris

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com