[Lexicog] Spanish V + O = S compounds (was Re: Lexical Relations vs. Etymology)

Andrew Dunbar hippytrail at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 19 23:00:15 UTC 2008

On Wiktionary I have been building a collection of these
terms<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:Spanish_verb_plus_plural_noun_compounds>which
everybody is welcome to contribute to.

An intersting new one I've been watching in Mexico is "lava autos" which I
have seen written in one or two words in the singular and plural form,
always on signs with no other context. In Central America I saw car washes
go by several names but not this one.

Andrew Dunbar.

--
http://wiktionarydev.leuksman.com http://linguaphile.sf.net