[Lexicog] question about markers

Allan Johnson allan_johnson at SIL.ORG
Thu Mar 20 11:41:54 UTC 2008

Crockett wrote:

> I don't know for sure since I don't do interlinearizing, but I would
> be surprised if TB sees /kaboo/ and /kaboo and happy/ as the same
> word. I would think TB would see the \se as the same as an \lx. Unless
> the text actually has the whole phrase /kaboo and happy/, then TB
> would not think that /kaboo/ was /kaboo and happy/; so only the \ge
> for kaboo would come up. Does someone know if Kim is right about that?

I tried it on my computer, and it came out just as Kim described. This
was using basically just the interlinear Quick Setup. The \ge's from the
main \lx entry and from the \se subentry were both given as options for
glossing the \lx. Greg said that adjustments can be made to fix this.
Does anybody know what adjustments this requires? What needs to be
adjusted to keep the interlinearizer from looking inside subentries for
the gloss of an \lx?

Could the problem be related to Toolbox version? I have Toolbox 1.4

Allan J