[Lexicog] Making verbs alphabetize correctly in an English to Karuk finderlist

Crockett asigwan at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 27 10:45:17 UTC 2008

One reason I put "to" in the reversal fields is based on what comes out in
the display program I use. I use Lexique Pro to display my data on the
computer and the web. Neither English index of my language (the one for the
computer display or the one for the web) can display the part of speech
(that I can see anyway). Having "to" in the index helps the user to know if
an entry in the index is a noun or a verb. Otherwise, there is no way to
know that without first clicking on the index entry. Wouldn't this be good
to have in the index? Maybe it isn't needed, but I thought it would be good
to have.

Before leaving "to" off, I would make sure your display program does do what
you want it to do and that you are happy with what is displayed. And I could
be missing something in Lexique Pro that would allow me to display the part
of speech in the indexes. I haven't found it, though.

Crockett