[Lexicog] Collaborative lexicography software?

Mike Maxwell maxwell at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Mon May 5 00:40:38 UTC 2008

Hayim Sheynin wrote:
> You give an empty form in your example of how this works (for Arabic) at
> http://projects.ldc.upenn.edu/art/reader/source/Al-Kitaab.01.
> <http://projects.ldc.upenn.edu/art/reader/source/Al-Kitaab.01.>

Just click on a word in the text.  This is a "reading enhancement tool",
not an arbitrary lookup tool.  So it's limited to parsing the words in
the text, and you can't type a word in.  But there is a real parser
behind it--it's not a canned demo--so with a slightly different front
end, it would easily parse words you typed in (assuming they were
spelled correctly).

(NB: this may not work with some browsers; at one point there was a
problem with IE, I think, but I believe they fixed it.)

--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at ldc.upenn.edu

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com