[Lexicog] Digital Glossarization

maxwell at LDC.UPENN.EDU maxwell at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Fri May 9 19:40:26 UTC 2008

Quoting Ronald Moe <ron_moe at sil.org>:
> I’ve never heard the word ‘glossarize’ before and=
 my spell checker
> just flagged it. If a book has a glossary, the normal way to refer to thi=
> fact is to say something like “with a helpful 200 word glossary o=
f technical
> terms.” I looked up ‘glossarize’ on Google and on=
ly got 770 hits, most of
> which seemed to be on marginal websites. In contrast ‘glossaryâ=
€™ got
> 127,000,000 hits.

...and some hits for 'glossarization', and a few more for
'glossarisation', many (but not all) referring back to a single paper.
It seems to refer to the process of building a glossary, not to the
presence of a glossary.  Maybe it's a word whose time has come!

   Mike McSwell

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com