[Lexicog] Phrasefinder

Rudolph Troike rtroike at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri May 23 05:10:31 UTC 2008

Every once in a while we get an inquiry on this list about the meaning of
some phrase or idiom, which engenders a particularistic reply (or multiple
replies). I have been impressed with the judicious and historically
interesting work of Gary Martin, whose Phrasefinder online source is very
impressive. Unless others have other opinions about this source, I'd like
to suggest that we simply routinely refer basic inquiries to this site:

     http://www.phrases.org.uk/

  Rudy

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com