[Lexicog] Phrasefinder

Kenneth C. Hill kennethchill at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 26 16:59:09 UTC 2008

I just tried it and it works for me. --Ken

--- On Sun, 5/25/08, Fritz Goerling <Fritz_Goerling at sil.org> wrote:
From: Fritz Goerling <Fritz_Goerling at sil.org>
Subject: RE: [Lexicog]  Phrasefinder
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, May 25, 2008, 4:47 PM

Is this site inactive, Rudy? I tried to
access it a number of times.

Fritz

Every once in a while we get an inquiry on this list about the meaning of

some phrase or idiom, which engenders a particularistic reply (or multiple

replies). I have been impressed with the judicious and historically

interesting work of Gary Martin, whose Phrasefinder online source is very

impressive. Unless others have other opinions about this source, I'd like

to suggest that we simply routinely refer basic inquiries to this site:

http://www.phrases. org.uk/

Rudy