[Lexicog] Re: OpenOffice spellchecker?

lengosi pcunger at MSN.COM
Sun Nov 2 20:58:59 UTC 2008

--- In lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <Scat at ...> wrote:

> My only exposure to spellchecking has been through Wordstar,
WordPerfect,
> and MS Word.
>
> I use spellcheck solely to catch silly typos: my spelling is better
than any
> of these programs.>
>
> Scott
I can respect that, Scott. I don't rely on them much mysefl either.
;-) I was just wondering on behalf of a language group that has just
standardised (or is it 'standardized'? :-)) their spelling and might
perhaps find it useful as they begin typing it. Since unexpected
spellings can lead to confusion, I thought it might be good
to--especially at the outset--do what can be done to avoid confusion.
Not to mention to help establish the standard spelling. The more one
sees the language spelled 'correctly', the more likely it is that it
will continue to be spelled 'correctly'. At least that is my hope . . .

Paul

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com