[Lexicog] Definition of Retirement: Death

Scott Nelson bolstar1 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 9 11:44:00 UTC 2008

Oops, Bill. Did you know that Shakespeare is the word-coiner of "retirement?" Extant.
This not my opinion.

Scott

--- On Sun, 11/9/08, bolstar1 <bolstar1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: bolstar1 <bolstar1 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Lexicog] Definition of Retirement: Death
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 6:35 AM

Bill, did you know that there is no such thing for a lexicographer or
philologist or etymologist as "retirement? " Think about it -- since
language is always evolving, doesn't the true lexicographer or
philologist or etymologist have his/her hands full for a lifetime?
Keep up your good work.....and tell us what you did to your
students.

Scott