[Lexicog] Joe....

Chaz Mortensen chaz_mortensen at SIL.ORG
Thu Oct 23 13:12:10 UTC 2008

Scott,

While it was a reference to Joe Wienerschnitzel or whatever his
surname is, it quickly developed into another term for "the Average
Joe." So in that you are correct. I can also think of "Joe" used in
"Joe Blow", "a good Joe", "Joe Schmow (sp.?)", "I am Joe's [internal
organ]" from Reader's Digest, etc.

-Chaz