[Lexicog] Joe ...

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Thu Oct 23 22:09:45 UTC 2008

Chaz,

Can you only think of Wienerschnitzel? But Wurzelbacher sounds definitely
Austrian, so you are forgiven.

Hayim,

"Joe the Plumber" might make it to be a star and be promoted to "Joe Fix-it"
(the one who fixes the economy) or be demoted from "Joe the Plumber"
(average citizen) to "Joe Schmoe," depending upon the election results.
American politics is fascinating to watch. I think of former pro-wrestler
Jesse "the Body" who became governor of Minnesota and then called himself
Jesse "The Brain." Where is he now throwing his weight around?

FG

Chaz,

When listening to Joe Schmoe, I envisioned the ethimology from Hebrew. Shmo
in
Hebrew means 'his name'. So this sounds as Joe, what is his name.

Hayim