[Lexicog] Joe the Plumber and the Law of Synonyms

Hayim Sheynin hayim.sheynin at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 24 14:29:47 UTC 2008

Fritz,

This is very funny. By the way, there is not a kernel of truth in the
joke, at liest in relation to Jewish
guys. I herd several times, as American ladies checked the heads of
their Jewish lovers for horns.
Can you believe this? Probably they saw some sculptures by
Michelangelo or Houdon. You know that
Moses' horns are a consequence of a wrong translation of verses Exodus
34:29,30,35 in Catholic bibles.
Instead "the skin of Moses' face was radiant", they translated that
Moses had horns.

Good laugh,
Hayim

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com