[Lexicog] help with N-grams

Marc FRYD marc.fryd at UNIV-POITIERS.FR
Sun Oct 26 17:55:06 UTC 2008

Hi J.L.,
Thank you for your kind interest.
Please find attached a .txt sample. Words are presented in sequences of
three lines, in each case:
- Line 1 provides the full graphemic string (English surnames in this
corpus), followed by its phonemic transcription, in which phonemes are
separated by a space.
- Lines 2 and 3 provide the graphemic and phonemic alignments. Note that
conjoined letters are indicated with the "+" sign in graphemic clusters:

---- aagaard  = "eI g A: d ----
    a+a    g    a+a+r    d
    "eI    g    A:    d

In the example above (the English surname Aagard), the clusters are:
<a+a> and <a+a+r>).
Note that primary stress is marked with a double quote < " >, and
secondary stress with the
percent sign < % >, placed directly before the stressed vowels.
Do note that the phonemic symbols are case-sensitive.
Just ask if there is anything else you need to know.
With kind regards,
Marc