[Lexicog] Dictionary In Action

bolstar1 bolstar1 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 20 11:26:39 UTC 2008

Hi, members. The idea of a dictionary in action (apparently wordia has
a handle on teaching methods) was so intriguing, I'm still smiling
about it. As a phrasal lexicographer, I can imagine so many fun ways to
bring idioms to the digital world.
    In English, we say "You're barking up the wrong tree." To teach the
idiom to the world, you could demonstrate it with video -- using a dog,
a cat, and two trees. The rest is up to your imagination.

Bye for now -- just had to say that. (Wish Samuel Johnson and Laurence
Urdang were here to oversee it.

S. Nelson

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com