[Lexicog] Thesaurus

Greg and Heather Mellow gh_mellow at SIL.ORG
Thu Sep 25 04:57:48 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

My publisher wants me to include a thesaurus with my dictionary and I want to offer him my lexical entries (and English gloss) sorted by semantic domain.

I don't know if I can export this information from Toolbox, or if I can, how?

A complication is that some entries have two semantic domains. (A wooden bowl might come under 'container' and 'food preparation' or 'working with wood') Another complication is that subentries often have a different sematic domain from the main entry. Needle (for sewing cloth) is a main entry and hypodermic needle (health) is a sub-entry.

Can anybody advise me on producing a file keyed on Semantic Domain from Toolbox?

Regards,

Greg

(Greg Mellow)