[Lexicog] question

Hayim Sheynin hayim.sheynin at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 12 20:13:22 UTC 2009

Dear Sapri,

In order to convert your Microsoft word dictionary to a lexicographical
program,
it should be tugged. You can look at http://www.sil.org Download from there
Making Dictionaries: A Guide to Lexicography and the Multi-Dictionary
Formatter
by David F. Coward [and] Charles E. Grimes, Waxhaw, NC: SIL International,
2000.
On pp. 13-29 you will find all necessary fields and their tugs.
This should be your first step.
The next step will be to find the appropriate lexicographic program. They
are many.
Some of them available from the same site  www.sil.org
But do not rush to adopt one of them. First carefully consider your needs.
I do not know the size of your dictionary, but the process of tugging may
take a
considerable time.

Be-haclaha,

Shalom uvraxa,