[Lexicog] Re: Multolingual dictionaries; was A bit of orientation needed! (Dictionary Solftware)

Scott Scat at CFL.RR.COM
Tue Feb 17 03:57:57 UTC 2009

I am working on a similar project but comprising French, Occitan, Provençal,
Catalan, Asturian,

Galician, Aragonese, Spanish & Portuguese; however, I am still gathering
sources so I will be

able to profit from Jorcaiba’s findings.  Because of the overlap, I am
sorely tempted just to turn

my findings over to him for his expanded Romance dictionary.  I an fluent
enough in written Italian

but not in Sardinian (any of the three dialects) or Sicilian.  The
Rhaeto-Romance languages and

Romanian are other areas of nescience for me.

I did a very limited study once with English, French, Spanish, Portuguese,
and Italian based on

the vocabulary of the Authorized Version of the Bible.  It was fun to do
before all of the databases

came out: I started it in longhand, and finished it in Lotus 1-2-3. The
‘false friends’ were incredible.

Scott Catledge