[Lexicog] Sprachgefuhl

Chaz Mortensen chaz_mortensen at SIL.ORG
Sun Feb 22 19:46:54 UTC 2009

Fritz,

I doubt there is an equivalent term for “Ballgefühl” in English. One
could say, "He has a feel for the ball" but that is not natural in
sports talk or anywhere else. You might say "he's one in a million"
or "exceptional" or "the all-time best player" or "the best in history."

Other expressions like "he has a knack for the game" or "he is a
natural" are not limited to exceptional players.

-Chaz