[Lexicog] nose, flair, instinct

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Tue Feb 24 16:07:36 UTC 2009

Chaz,

I like “olfato de gol.” The German equivalent is “Torriecher” (= nose for
the ball). For French I found “nez pour le goal” (= nose for the ball) and
“flair pour le ballon”.

So the idom is the same in all these Western languages.

Fritz

One expression that is used in Spanish is that a prolific goal-scorer has
"olfato de gol", that is a sense of smell for goals. In English we would
probably say "he has a nose for goals."

-Chaz