[Lexicog] lexicography

Jan Allsopp janall at CARIBSURF.COM
Wed Jul 15 15:47:48 UTC 2009

Dear Colleague

You create a corpus as you go along as, if you are going to include citations of your headwords, you have to find them in everyday speech, newspapers, magazines, journals, travel brochurse, books, and a number of other literary sources.  You can also adopt items from an existing corpus.

You can use both a translation corpus and a comparable corpus, which would help you to have a wider range of meanings in usage to draw on.

Hope this helps.

Jeannette Allsopp

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com