[Lexicog] help

tots cool tots113 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 17 03:52:37 UTC 2009

Thank you Jeannette!

I'm planning to make the dictionary unidirectional. From a source language into other two languages. Since I'm doing a study on Danao languages, my source language will be Tagalog. As of now, I'm not sure if there is an existing Tagalog corpus.

Tots

________________________________
From: Jan Allsopp <janall at caribsurf.com>
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:51:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Lexicog]  help

You must first of all make a decision on whether your dictionary will be unidirectional from one language into others.  Then you select the languages in which you will be giving your equivalents and you try to seek examples of usage in each language, both by collecting your own from a variety of both written and spoken sources and/or use corpora. These would be some of the methodologies I would recommend.

Jeannette Allsopp