[Lexicog] MS Keyboard Layout Creator

David Joffe david.joffe at TSHWANEDJE.COM
Fri Mar 6 18:53:10 UTC 2009

Regarding fonts - the DejaVu fonts (free / open source) are also
pretty useful for many languages:

http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

They support a relatively wide variety of Unicode characters, are
fairly attractive, and available in both serif and sans serif
versions.

 - David

On 6 Mar 2009 at 10:47, Wayne Leman wrote:

> Jan, because I had some persistent conflicts between Keyman and some other programs, I decided
> to try MSKLC and a MS Keyboard. I am quite happy with the results. I am able to use my MS
> Keyboard just fine with Toolbox, Lexique Pro, Word, and any other program so far.
>
> I don't know a lot about getting Unicode characters to display
> correctly, but I do know that we need to select a font that has the
> desired Unicode characters. Otherwise we may just get computer garbage
> or question marks displaying. Arial is a decent font for testing Unicode
> characters. Not all MS fonts have all Unicode character positions filled
> yet.
>
> Wayne Leman
>
>     .

---