[Lexicog] MS Keyboard Layout Creator

Jan F. Ullrich jfu at LAKHOTA.ORG
Fri Mar 6 19:16:38 UTC 2009

Wayne,

Thanks a lot.

Since I posted the question I found where the problem was. It turns out I
was using an older versions of Toolbox (1.4), one that didn't support the MS
Keyboard. Once I upgraded to the latest version of Toolbox, everything works
fine.

Jan

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wayne Leman
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 7:47 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] MS Keyboard Layout Creator

Jan, because I had some persistent conflicts between Keyman and some other
programs, I decided to try MSKLC and a MS Keyboard. I am quite happy with
the results. I am able to use my MS Keyboard just fine with Toolbox, Lexique
Pro, Word, and any other program so far.

I don't know a lot about getting Unicode characters to display correctly,
but I do know that we need to select a font that has the desired Unicode
characters. Otherwise we may just get computer garbage or question marks
displaying. Arial is a decent font for testing Unicode characters. Not all
MS fonts have all Unicode character positions filled yet.

Wayne Leman