[Lexicog] problem with lexique pro

Allan Johnson allan_johnson at SIL.ORG
Sat Mar 28 14:08:44 UTC 2009

Crockett wrote:

> I have wav and mp3 files and they all work fine in Lexique Pro. I use
> mp3 more now since they are smaller in size than the wav files. I
> agree with Wayne about having the lexical and audio files in the same
> folder. I do that as well. Although it is not required, I think it
> simplifies things. I also have my image files in the same folder with
> these.
>
> By the way, some line spaces came out in the data structure below in
> my previous message. I'm not sure why that happened, but I did not
> intend to put those in.
>

> Crockett

Sounds like maybe there was something non-standard about those WAV files
before Naomi converted them to MP3. I've encountered something like that
- WAV formats that weren't accepted by all programs. What I had trouble
with was sound files from a voice recorder. To keep the file sizes
smaller, it used a non-standard sample size of 4 bits rather than the
more usual 8 or 16 bits.

Allan