[Lexicog] palm trees

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 19 23:39:41 UTC 2009

Taanshi, Ron,

Although I do not think I am the one to necessarily do this, I think it
would be fascinating to see how these emic categories would play out in our
language Michif.  I wonder if we would see French-origin categories, Cree
origin categories, a mix of the two or even some that do not exist except in
Michif!  I wonder how the categories would play out when compared to Michif
French and Ile a la Crosse Michif (a unique Metis dialect of Cree with some
French borrowings....  It would be neat to identify both the similarities
and differences in the ethnosemantics....

Eekoshi pitamaa.
Heather