[Lexicog] Basic English

Richard Gravina Richard-Sue_Gravina at SIL.ORG
Thu Nov 19 12:02:23 UTC 2009

Does anyone know if Ogden's Basic English word list is available anywhere as an electronic shell dictionary? I.e. in Fieldworks or Shoebox etc. with parts of speech added, senses separated and so on.

My aim is to produce small, cheap English to mother-tongue dictionaries for minority languages in Africa to help with schooling.

I'm also interested in equivalents in French, Spanish and other major languages.

Richard Gravina