[Lexicog] Tshwanelex when the structure of your articles often changes

David Joffe david.joffe at TSHWANEDJE.COM
Tue Sep 1 16:47:48 UTC 2009

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to (easily) make a dictionary with
> Tshwanelex when the structure of your articles is often different.

Of course - almost all dictionaries made in TshwaneLex are like
this. However, for a dictionary of any complexity, it does tend to
require some initial setup (as all dictionaries are different), and
that setup setup may be non-trivial. Once it is set up though, it is
generally easy to then use. It's definitely worth doing, for any
project, even if it seems complex to set up ... the advantages are
innumerable.

I'll try see if I can throw together a sample of the below.

> For example:
>
> ENTRY1 [pronunciation] (Source) part of speech, gender, plural form
> (Source). English translation. Example1, translation (Source)
>
> ENTRY2 [pronunciation] (Source), [pronunciation] (Source), part of
> speech, gender, plural form (Source), plural form (Source). English
> translation.English translation.English translation. Example1,
> translation (Source), Example2, translation (Source)
>
> ENTRY3 [pronunciation][pronunciation] (Source). part of speech, root,
> past participle. Variant. (Note). English translation. Example 1,
> translation (Source)
>

> As you can see, these 3 articles show different contexts, in different
> orders etc.
> It looked to me that Tshwanelex wouldn't allow to easily make articles
> with a different structure everytime (or almost everytime). Am I right?
> Or is there some way to choose everytime what to put in every article,
> to quickly include new things etc?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
>
> Loig
>

> start: 2008-09-03 end: 0000-00-00

---
TshwaneDJe Dictionary Production Solutions
Follow our news via http://tshwanedje.blogspot.com/ or
http://twitter.com/tshwanedje

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com