[Lexicog] Survey on online dictionaries

Antje Töpel toepel at IDS-MANNHEIM.DE
Wed Aug 11 13:52:26 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues,

As part of an ongoing research project at the Institute for German Language in Mannheim, Germany, financed by the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Scientific Community, we are collecting empirical data on the use of online dictionaries, as only a few studies exist in this area.

To this end, we are conducting online surveys in German and English. Our current study examines how users evaluate several features or elements of online dictionaries and how they rate different visual representations of information. We would be very grateful if you would support our research by participating in this survey. The survey should take approximately 25 to 30 minutes to complete. Until September 16, it can be launched using any web browser by clicking on the link below:

 <http://www.unipark.de/uc/benutzungsforschung2/?a=&b> http://www.unipark.de/uc/benutzungsforschung2/?a=&b=

In return for your participation, you may enter our draw for 10 Amazon vouchers, worth € 10 each. In addition, we will donate € 1 for each completed questionnaire to the programme “Girls’ Education”, which is part of the aid project “Room to Read” (www. roomtoread.org).

Furthermore, we would be grateful if you could forward this email or the link to people who might be interested in participating, e. g. colleagues or your students.

Thank you very much for supporting our research.

Kind regards

Carolin Müller-Spitzer

Antje Töpel

Alexander Koplenig