[Lexicog] Dictionaries and Endangered Languages

tornedalen tornedalen at YAHOO.ES
Sat May 8 20:10:21 UTC 2010

Hello, which languages can be called endangered languages in the European Union? which are those most in need of writing a dictionary in some of the more used languages? I have always though of learning a language beyond those I can already read
English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Afrikaans, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Faroese and perhaps it would be a welcome contribution to help to write a grammar, a reader and a dictionary from this language to Spanish. I also know that the status of endangered doesn't boil down just to number of speakers but also to health of the community using it and the domaines of use

Lorenzo Arroyo Plaza
Bilbao (Spain)