[Lexicog] defining vocabulary

Dora Amalia yayak_amalia at YAHOO.CO.ID
Sat Nov 6 03:21:40 UTC 2010

Dear Hugh,

Yayak

--- Pada Rab, 3/11/10, Hugh Paterson III <misionpilot at thebridegroomstable.com> menulis:

Dari: Hugh Paterson III <misionpilot at thebridegroomstable.com>
Judul: Re: [Lexicog]  defining vocabulary
Kepada: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Tanggal: Rabu, 3 November, 2010, 1:26 AM

      There is a very nice feature in FLeX [http://www.sil.org/computing/fieldworks/flex/] which allows one to import a text (or copy it over to the text field). Then you can select words from the text and it will start building a vocab database. In the Database you can have different fields i.e. pronunciation, part of speech, definition, etc. There are also several export options too.
On Oct 23, 2010, at 11:35 PM, Yayak wrote:

    I'm doing a research on defining vocabulary in monolingual dictionary.  Is there any information about how I can get references on the subject? Besides, for I'm new in this forum, is there any simply-used software that I can use in my new dictionary compiling project? In my country, Indonesia, there's no corpus-based monolingual dictionary yet so far.I plan to list the defining vocabulary by using corpus and hope that will be a pilot project I can offer to my department. Thanks for any information.