[Lexicog] collaborative dictionary editing

Ken Litkowski ken at CLRES.COM
Wed Aug 10 15:55:02 UTC 2011

In addition to Bill Poser's and Bob Amsler's suggestions, another
commonly used approach is SVN (subversion control), at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Subversion. This seems to be used
extensively among computational linguists. There's even a textbook from
the O'Reilly group. Not only does it appear that SVN is useful for
collaborative work, but if you have publicly available versions, there
is (I think) automated mechanisms to ensure that what you're using
locally is up-to-date.

     Ken

On 8/10/2011 12:51 AM, wayne_leman wrote:
> I am currently working on a dictionary project with team members working far from each other throughout the world. The database is in Toolbox format. We need to be able to edit the database collaboratively, while still keeping the database format intact so it can be displayed (or edited further) in Toolbox or Lexique Pro.
>
> Does anyone know of any real-time collaborative editing software that might allow us to keep the Toolbox database intact as a database?
>
> Wayne

Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
CL Research                       EMAIL: ken at clres.com
9208 Gue Road                     Home Page: http://www.clres.com
Damascus, MD 20872-1025 USA       Blog: http://www.clres.com/blog

    lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com