[Lexicog] english word lists

tots cool tots113 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 26 12:42:45 UTC 2011

Dear Ron Moe,

What do you mean when you say template?

Sittie

________________________________
From: Ronald Moe <ron_moe at sil.org>
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 12:39 AM
Subject: RE: [Lexicog]  english word lists

I’m developing a word list that will
serve as the basis of an English-vernacular dictionary or glossary (where “vernacular”
is replaced by any language of the world). I’m basing the list on a
frequency list from the Corpus of Contemporary American English. It looks like
there are some flaws in the frequency list, so I’ll have to supplement it
with words taken from language learners dictionaries. I’m currently
classifying the words by semantic domain. That task is not done. I haven’t
gotten very far in defining the words and would appreciate help in developing
the database. I would be interested in collaboration on developing a template
for bilingual dictionaries.
Ron Moe