[Lexicog] Fwd: Re: Charter proposals for dictionaries and indexes projects now available for comment

Piotr Bański bansp at O2.PL
Mon Dec 5 22:16:53 UTC 2011

Dear All,

I am forwarding an e-mail from a colleague. Possibly, some members of
this list may be interested in looking at, and commenting on, the
proposal of the EPUB group.

I am not sure if they have attempted to contact lexicographers or
consulted the existing dictionary-oriented standards. The modest
reference list suggests they did not.

The colleague comments further:

> They looked at TEI and others when considering whether to include this
> in EPUB 3 but decided that it did more than necessary.  EPUB is meant as
> a format for delivery, not an archival format, so they are only trying
> to cover the limited set of use cases described here.

Best regards,

  Piotr