[Lexicog] XML/XSL export from Toolbox with sound files

Richard Gravina Richard-Sue_Gravina at SIL.ORG
Wed May 18 07:55:38 UTC 2011

Have you tried going through LexiquePro (http://www.lexiquepro.com/index.htm)? It can take in Toolbox files and output to web. It’s free.

You can also output to XML from Fieldworks Language Explorer, if you fancied moving your Toolbox files into FLEx.

Richard Gravina

From: pwyll4
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:54 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] XML/XSL export from Toolbox with sound files

Hello,

I'd like to export my Toolbox dictionary in XML. There'll be soundfiles.

In my XML file, I have the following :

<sf>../soundfile.mp3</sf>

(several times with different sound files everytime),
and I would like that with my stylesheet, on the final web page, you see a small picture (in png or jpg format - always the same picture of a loudspeaker), and that when you click on this picture, the corresponding soundfile is played.

What should I write in my XSL stylesheet so that it happens?
So far I've not found the solution anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your help!