[Lexicog] PhD Thesis: PhraseNET - Automated Detection and Extraction of Phraseological Units

JLDLME jldlme at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jan 7 22:12:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have defended my 2nd PhD thesis: «PhraseNET - Automated Detection and Extraction of Phraseological Units» on December 15th, 2011 at Universitat Politècnica de Valencia

The jury was composed of

RICARDO MAIRAL - UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL DE EDUCACIÓN A DISTANCIA
M. MILAGROS DEL SAZ RUBIO  - UNIVERSITAT POLITÈCNICA DE VALÈNCIA
M. ISABEL SANTAMARIA PÉREZ - UNIVERSIDAD DE ALICANTE
MIGUEL ÁNGEL CANDEL MORA - UNIVERSITAT POLITÈCNICA DE VALÈNCIA
CHELO VARGAS SIERRA - UNIVERSIDAD DE ALICANTE

I can finally say that I am a Dr.2 to be more precise (because of my first Ph.D. degree from Sao Paulo University. One PhD in each Continent. Both interdisciplinary and based on sampling theory (statistics) and corpus linguistics. I love statistics and computer programming but my degrees are in Economics and Linguistics although I have started as a technician in chemistry (with Diploma) and Logistics and Distribution. Old times!

I had to work more than full time to be able to finish by the end of this year: A PhD Thesis + a software (beta version)

My supervisor asked me what is next and I told him that I have a lot of thoughts about my final major project. I do not want to think about it now, but I'm a workaholic. Well, it is time to enjoy and celebrate this achievement.
I will certainly make up my mind by early 2012.

The final version of the PhD Thesis can be shown at http://www.phrasenet.com/phrasenet.html Enjoy watching.

Regards

J. L. De LUCCA