[Lexicog] RE: [euralex] Re: Macmillan's recent announcement

Gilles-Maurice de Schryver gillesmaurice.deschryver at UGENT.BE
Thu Nov 8 19:55:22 UTC 2012

Thanks, Geoffrey. Yours is prose!

> it downgrades the dictionary to being a simple database

That’s exactly what we should stop doing: the future is far more than that.

> it is a pity to reduce all lexicography to learner's dictionaries and
techie ambitions

True, we need new frameworks in which new types of data can be produced in
the first place. Here’s an interesting avenue: http://deb.fi.muni.cz/pdev/

All best,

Gilles-Maurice.