[Lexicog] Manipuri/Meithei_Dict

Bill Poser billposer2 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 7 23:13:22 UTC 2012

It seems quite appropriate to me to give the category as "verb". The
citation form itself may be a deverbal noun, but you are using it as a way
of giving the phonological information for a verb. It's just that, instead
of citing a verb stem, which I gather is not a word in its own right, you
are giving an actual word from which the stem can be inferred.

Indeed, dictionaries of Romance languages use the infinitive as the
citation form, but the infinitive in these languages is arguably a verbal
noun.