[Lexicog] Extraordinary English

Hayim Sheynin hayim.sheynin at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 20 05:31:36 UTC 2013

For information of the membres of the list.
The similar phenomenon like in English
ocurs in Semitic languages, particularly
in Arabic and Hebrew. This linguistic
phenomenon is called paronomasia.
In Hebrew the homophones (tsimmudim)
at least in the medieval poetry are used
for rhyming, in Arabic the same phenomenon
is called tadjnis and particular membres of
the homophonic group are called djinas.
There are long poems composed from
groups from two to six verses rhyming in
similar word.

Hayim Sheynin