[Lexicog] Kamusi launches multilingual dictionary platform

Martin Benjamin martin at KAMUSI.ORG
Mon Feb 25 14:02:25 UTC 2013

Today we are launching the new http://kamusi.org/ with beta data in 13
new languages, including these from Africa: Gusii, Hehe, Kinyarwanda,
Luganda, Pulaar, Setswana, Songhay, and Yeyi. This will be the
dictionary of the future, linking concepts between languages in ways
that have never before been attempted.

Kamusi began with Swahili, and went multilingual in response to a
request from Rwanda. All the programming has taken place in Africa. Now
we're proud to export globally too, today adding Spanish, French,
Romanian, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese! You can get a sense of the
system in action by going to
http://kamusi.org/kamusi-dictionary-terms-first-100-words and clicking
through some of the links among concepts in our demo data set.

Or you can go to YouTube and watch this street video from Nairobi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjQv2LW_Jvk

The Kamusi platform is designed to handle any language in a flexible and
comprehensive manner. Please get in touch if you want to talk about how
you can bring your language into the system.

    lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com