[Lexicog] words used by a single individual

Ronald Moe ron_moe at SIL.ORG
Sun Jun 23 06:44:32 UTC 2013

The term I have heard is idiolect.

Ron Moe

  _____

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill Poser
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:28 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] words used by a single individual

Is there a standard term for words used by a single individual? I am not
talking about nonce formations, which are ephemeral, but of words used
consistently by a single person (or perhaps small minority). Many types of
dictionaries exclude such things, but it seems to me to be useful to include
them in dictionaries of dying languages.

  _____

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#a0a0a0" align=center>

No virus found in this message.