[Lexicog] hidden lexical data

Wayne Leman wayne.leman at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 18 19:55:36 UTC 2013

Sometimes we discover lexical items which need to have a restricted status within the language and academic communities. I want to be able to enter that data in my dictionary program but it must be accessible only to those who are authorized to view it.
Besides working as a lexicographer for my job, I do genealogy as a hobby. My genealogy program allows for certain kinds of information to be hidden from other viewers. I need the same ability to hide certain kinds of lexical information.
Have any of you encountered this issue before?
What solutions have you found?
Do you know of any dictionary software that allows us to hide some information?
Wayne