[Lexicog] hidden lexical data

Ronald Moe ron_moe at SIL.ORG
Tue Nov 19 06:08:36 UTC 2013

FieldWorks allows you to exclude an entry from publication. The entry
remains in your database but isn't exported.

Ron Moe

  _____

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wayne Leman
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:56 AM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] hidden lexical data

Sometimes we discover lexical items which need to have a restricted status
within the language and academic communities. I want to be able to enter
that data in my dictionary program but it must be accessible only to those
who are authorized to view it.

Besides working as a lexicographer for my job, I do genealogy as a hobby. My
genealogy program allows for certain kinds of information to be hidden from
other viewers. I need the same ability to hide certain kinds of lexical
information.

Have any of you encountered this issue before?

What solutions have you found?

Do you know of any dictionary software that allows us to hide some
information?

Wayne