[Lexicog] Shakespeare and words

'Dr. Fritz Goerling' fritz.goerling@yahoo.de [lexicographylist] lexicographylist at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Wed Sep 24 16:34:40 UTC 2014

Dear Hayim,

The following wiki article shows Martin Luther's accomplishment of translating the Bible into German and its role in the formation of national German http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Bible

Shalom,

Fritz

From: Hayim Sheynin hayim.sheynin at gmail.com [lexicographylist]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:21 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Lexicog] Shakespeare and words

Dear Fritz,

Thank you for forwarding the article about Bard. This article is very interesting. I can
mention that in many national literatures appeared such outstanding personalities  as
Shakespeare and Bard who influenced the language and phraseology. Usually
they appeared in the period of formation of national languages. For Germans such
role played most probably M. Luther (in his Bible translation) and Goethe, for Italians
Dante, for Russians Karamzin, Pushkin and Griboedov, for Jews (i.e. for Hebrew
language) - original Hebrew Bible and Ch. N. Bialik, for Yiddish Mendele Moycher
Sforim (Sh. Abramowich) and Shalom Aleychem (Sh. Rabinowich).

Best wishes,

Hayim Sheynin